The Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino is a delicious way to enjoy an icy cold coffee. And you can re-create this special drink right at home! I’ve found that caramel frappuccinos are all the rage at Starbucks, and people always seem to order it. But did you know that you can make your own version of this deliciously sweet and yummy frappuccino right at home? And also, skip on all those calories, sugars and unhealthy fats! In this recipe, I’ll teach you how to make a healthier version of your favourite drink, at a fraction of the cost!
Though, I would enjoy them as a treat from time to time! As I grew older I enjoyed coffee more, so I would always opt for lattes. Which will be my next Starbucks D.I.Y. recipe, so stay tuned! But first, a zoom in of this amazing frappuccino.
Look at all that whipped cream caramel sauce! Sweet, delicious and also SUPER DUPER HEALTHY. Yes, I said it. This drink is good for you. What? Wait, healthy? YES! I used coconut whip and some prepped healthy caramel sauce (that is super easy to make).
So what am I waiting for…? Oh yes… I’ve got to explain to you how delicious, lush, icy cold, and caramel-y this drink really is. And also, how I’m making this everyday for the rest of my life.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 extra ripe frozen banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk (any kind)
- 2 shots espresso, cooled (or ⅓ cup strongly brewed coffee, cooled)
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1 tsp maple syrup/agave/stevia (any sweetener would work)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (scooped from the top)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut cream
- Blend all caramel frappuccino ingredients together in a blender. Don't overblend or else it will become too runny.
- Take a can of coconut milk (do not shake the tin). Carefully scoop the top layer off (this is the coconut cream), and whip it in a bowl for a minute or two till it's stiff.
- For the caramel sauce, heat the coconut sugar in a pan until it caramelizes. Remove from heat, then add the coconut cream and stir.
- Do not over blend the caramel frappuccino or else it will become too runny. If it gets too runny, add some ice and blend in pulses.